This is a wiki post meaning anyone can edit it.
Use this wiki to link to posts about Bike workflows and scripts. If you have something to share please make a post and then link to it from this page to make it easy for others to find your post in the future.
- Home – Reset your outline to “home” state
- Cleanup – Collapse everything except what’s needed to show current selection.
- Today – Create a simple calendar structure for todays date.
- Thesaurus – Generate list of synonym from current word
- Paste to Mail – Bike Outline to Mail.app indented text
- Focus Beam – Move focus to sibling of current focus
- Block Travel – Move to next visible empty line
- Markdown to Bike – Ruby script markdown lists to Bike outline
- Simple word count – Get the number of words in the front Bike document
- Toggle a prefix character – Add or clear a given prefix in all selected lines
- Toggling checked ⇄ unchecked box in selected rows – Toggling single character unicode checkbox prefixes and their state
Toggle a Markdown checkbox in selected lines – Cycle between
[x]and no prefix.
- Collapse or Expand one level more – Expand or collapse the whole outline step by step.
- Toggle a @done tag in selected rows – Toggle a plain or time-stamped tag.
Copy as Bulleted Plain Text – A variant
Copy As, adding bullets to non-empty rows, in a tab-indented plain text outline.
- Copy as CSV – Copy selected rows into CSV format
- ChatGPT – Use Bike as an interface for sending queries and receiving responses from ChatGPT
- Bike macros for Keyboard Maestro – Various
- Obsidian plugin to import Bike outlines
- Raycast Extension for Bike – Execute common Bike tasks using Raycast commands.
Shortcuts to use with Bike 1.11 or later on macOS 13 or later:
- Move to ancestor – Move selection to current rows to ancestor row