We collect information from you when you register on our site or purchase our Apps, and gather data when you participate in the support forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
We also collect information from you when you buy our apps. The payment provider (Apple, Paddle, or Setapp, depending on which version of our Apps you use) will ask you for the necessary information to complete your purchase. We will at most receive your name and email address to identify your successful purchase. We do not have access to the details of your payment.
When you email us, for example with a support request, or when you send us your feedback, we also receive your personal information.
Important: We do not collect nor do we have access to the information you enter into our Apps, this is only stored on your computer, or if you sync via iCloud, in your own iCloud account (which we cannot access). It means we cannot provide you with a backup copy of our Apps data either, always make regular backups (for instance by using Time Machine).
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. We also keep you up-to-date on Hog Bay Software developments and third-party solutions (only) if we feel these would help in your experience with the Apps, and only when you opt-in to these at the time of creating your account. From any of these communications you can always unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive them. All our emails contain an unsubscribe link in the footer, or you can also email us if you wish to no longer receive them.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will maintain records of your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you, as long as any of these apply:
- you are a registered subscriber to our mailing list or Website.
- have completed a purchase of one of our apps.
- have emailed us for a support request, your feedback that is still relevant to further improving our product.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
In order to deliver our services or as part of purchasing the apps your details may need to be shared with one or more of the following data processors:
- Apple to process purchases through the App Store.
- Paddle to process purchases through our apps or website.
- Discoursehosting to host our community forums.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated Nov 15, 2018.