Windows and iOs best practices

what are (if any…) your best practices to use or to log into Taskpaper (even in a reduced functionality, without all bells and whistles…) in Windows or iOs?
Thanks

2 Likes

I’m using an iOS app called Taskmator to open .taskpaper files, and it works pretty well in conjunction with TaskPaper on my Mac. The only caveat I would offer (and I believe this would also apply to opening a file in Windows as well) is the file syncing, be it Dropbox or iCloud. Make sure the file is closed (and synchronized) on one device before opening it on another.

1 Like

Is Taskmator still maintained? The developer doesn’t respond to questions.

I can’t really say. I just sent some feedback - I will be interested to see if they respond.

1 Like

Really wish for better iOS support for both #bike and #taskpaper

2 Likes

Dear Ashish,
Can you please tell me where you contacted me? Via email? Via twitter? Via facebook?
I do not got any contact from any user in last one month. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Amit

1 Like

glad to see you… what email address TIA?

Thanks Amit, I appreciate your response! I tried email and Twitter - it was sometime last year.

I was facing frequent app crashes.

Also, files with taskpaper extensions couldn’t be opened. Pl see screenshot attached. I create a new document and it’s gray, cannot be selected.

1 Like

taskmator@gmail.com

Dear Ashish,
Thank you for your response.

1. I do not see any tweet related to you on Twitter. Can you please provide me the link of tweet or send me your twitter username?
  2. Can you please send me your email Id OR name using which you have contacted via email support (taskmator@gmail.com) to Taskmator? Maybe I have missed your tweet or email so that I can verify.
  3. I can open .taskpaper files in Taskmator app. Is it possible for you to send me a file or attach the file here so that I can try to produce the issue as I am unable to produce this issue. Maybe delete and reinstallation of the app on your device will help.

Thanks,
Amit

Dear Amit,

I will search for the old messages. Meanwhile, I tried reinstalling the app and the issue recurred. I installed it on another (older) device and it works fine. Here are both the screenshots for comparison:

I have no idea what’s causing it. The issue doesn’t occur with other extensions (.md, .txt or ,
.org).

These files are created using the create button in the app; some are blank. But still, my primary device cannot open them.

Ashish

It’s really weird as I am unable to produce it. Can you send me a file or attach a file here so that I can try to produce it?. I have asked other loyal users of Taskmator app and they are also not encountering this issue. Right now I can not comment anymore on it as I am unable to produce it.
Thanks,
Amit

And also please specify your devices on which you are running the app so that I can ask other users of Taskmator app. Thanks, Amit

Regarding crashes I have not got any crash reports in Xcode. Even in App Store Connect analytics section is not showing any crashes in last week. Please see the attached screenshots.
Thanks,
Amit

1 Like

I recorded some videos to better explain the situation:

I hope these help. The behaviour occurs on iPhone 12. The app works fine on iPhone XR. Both are on the latest iOS 17 beta 3.
The app does not crash any more when I recently started reusing it.
Also attaching one .taskpaper file from my phone
Diary.taskpaper (36 Bytes)

Dear Ashish,
I don’t need these videos. I need files. Please send me those files (taskmator@gmail.com or attach here) with which you are encountering issue. I need to produce this issue as I am unable to produce this issue with my task paper files.
Thanks,
Amit

PS: I do not see any tweet or email in last one year using which you have contacted me. As you told me you contacted me on twitter. Can you please send me the link of tweet or which email ID you have used to contact me via email in last one year?

As requested, I did attach a file with my previous post. The behaviour occurs with any files with .taskpaper extension, including the ones created within the app. I will also email you.

I may not have saved old emails, will search twitter if that’s important for you though it was sometime in early 2022 I think

Dear Ashish, Are you encountering this issue on your device from last one year? On ios 16?
Thanks,
Amit

Yes. I changed to .md extension to be able to use the app. Now I have upgraded to iOS 17 beta but problem is still there.

I have asked other loyal users of the app. And they are also able to read write .taskpaper files from local documents directory of the app. Please see the attached screenshot.
Thanks,
Amit