This is getting very promising in Preview 1.0 build 33.
One slight puzzle:
- after drag and drop of a file to a Bike link, link-clicking works well,
- but when I re-open a Bike file which already contains links, at first I still get a
does not have permission to open message when
file:// links are clicked.
Sometimes this clears after a while – I thought at first after an additional drag and drop to create a file link, but I’m still not quite sure what the pattern is …
I think the pattern may be that:
- File links created in the current editing session are consistently live
- File links already in the Bike document when it is reopened are typically no longer live (lead to
does not have permission messages)
- where we have several links to the same file, existing dead links to a given file are all reanimated by the drag-and-drop creation of a new link to the same file.
In Console.app, things like:
default 21:07:45.048891+0000 kernel Sandbox: 3 duplicate reports for Bike deny(1) file-read-xattr /Users/houthakker/Desktop