Bike 2.0 (Preview 302)

  • Added Attachment: Filename, Thumb, and Actual Size commands
  • Added Appearance ▸ Editor ▸ Default attachment style (thumb default)
  • Added go:focus-out-by-level command to focus the parent of the current focus
  • Extension API: Row properties ensuredLog, ensuredPersistentId, and url changed from properties to methods.

Download:

4 Likes

Just wanted to say the new Bike Guide is great. I was trying to understand function() because I needed to update some old task queries and was immediately able to find what I was looking for. Great job!

1 Like

I’m triyng to understand how Move to: (Row) works in terms of caret following moved row. Right now it seems to move it to the moved row’s nearest sibling, either above or below. Is this the case? Is there an operation that makes the caret move with the moved row to its destination?

Also, I’m trying to understand why the Move to Row... keyboard shortcut (cmd+opt+\) doesn’t work for me. When I press that shortcut, I see the Edit Menu get highlighted in Bike’s menu bar, even though command is inside Outline menu. I don’t see any shortcut conflicts in Commands Explorer.

Yes, this is intended, the original use case was Move to Archive, and so the behavior is more of a Send. Depending on your use case it makes sense that it might work the other way to, but currently it’s just a send.

I’m not sure, it’s working for me. Maybe open the Edit menu, and hold down Option key, and see if there is some hidden menu item that’s using that shortcut?

After a very painful diagnostic process, the culprit was some extra feature of Alfred I apparently set a keyboard shortcut for but forgot existed.

Do you think maybe there could be an alternative using opt+Return when committing the move to have caret follow? I can understand why Send might be useful and default behaviour.

Yeah, I’ve been mulling this over today and this is the right answer I think… will change a few things. For each of the 2 move commands I’ll also create a send variant. Move will be default, send will be accessed via additional Control key.

1 Like

Should be in Bike 2.0 (Preview 305)