Why do Reminders with priorities get imported with the values 1,5,9 equating H,M,L?

Why do Reminders with priorities get imported with the values 1,5,9 equating H,M,L? Perhaps this is to allow additional levels of priorities within Taskpaper such as level 2 or 3 that is considered higher priority than Reminders priority level M. I don’t need this level of control. Is there a way to have the Reminders imported with priorities 1,2,3 equating to H,M,L?

This is happening because the Reminders.app API that I import/export with use those numbers. Reminders.app displays them as High, Medium, Low, but the actual values are 1…9 numbers.

I agree that importing values 1, 5, 9 into TaskPaper is odd, but I’m not sure what best solution is. Maybe best is to map 1, 5, 9 to 1, 2, 3 … but then if for some reason Reminders.app starts (or is) using the in-between values it means that import/export of a Reminder into TaskPaper might loose some information.

Thoughts?

You could allow users to map the Reminders.app values to something else in Preferences although it appears you wish to keep Preferences pretty lightweight. An alternative would to create an extension script to edit the file after import. I don’t have time right now but I could look into later.