Visualization of tags with several values

I have several tasks, that have tags with multiple values, for example

• task 1 @priority(1,2)
  • task 2 @priority(2,3)

and there tags are shown in sidebar like this:

@priority

instead of:

@priority

Is it intended behaviour and if yes - what should I do so they appear as in latter example? I’ve tried to use same tag several times like “task 1 @priority(1) @priority(2)” and second tag is not recognized as tag.

This is a bug in the sidebar display, you are entering the priority values as intended. I’ll see if I can find a fix.

I’ve just posted a new TaskPaper preview release that I think fixes this issue:

Please try it out and let me know if it works as expected.

Works great. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I have the same issue still with the 2nd tag not being recognized - can this behavior be supported? My usecase is as follows:

– Speak to @people(James) about the roadmap after @people(Anna) has updated it
Without being able to do this I’d have to do something like the following

– Speak to James about the roadmap after Anna has updated it @people(James, Anna)
Which is quite repetitive and error prone

The Taskpaper model defines a key:value dictionary for each node in the outline.

A tag is a key in that dictionary, and there is no meaningful sense in which a dictionary can have two identical keys.

You can, however, use the idiom:

@priority(1,2)

which defines the value "1,2" for the key data-priority

and the scripting interface allows for parsing comma-delimited value strings into lists (JS Arrays):

i.e.

"1,2" -> ["1", "2"]

See Item.getAttribute at:

( Item · GitBook )

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Was wondering if there could be some magic in the background that would take two separate tags values and join them behind the scenes

@priority(1) @priority(2) = @priority(1, 2)

Ps wouldn’t want to do it on a priority tag as that wouldn’t necessarily make sense, but rather 2x people tags as above.

No – a tag is a key in a dictionary. Two identical keys has no definable meaning.