- Added Reminders sharing popup
- Fixed scroll jumping in a number of cases involving wrapped lines
The Reminders sharing popup is intended to make it easy to share reminders between TaskPaper and Reminders.app.
This is not a syncing process. Instead it allows you to easily move items between Reminders.app and TaskPaper while maintaining some attributes.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to do this:
- Capture reminders on your Mac/iPhone with Siri, and later import them into TaskPaper.
- Schedule Mac/iPhone alerts for items that you’ve created in TaskPaper
- Maybe other reasons too!
To use the reminders sharing popup:
- Click the Alarm in bottom left of Sidebar
- Click the down arrow next to each reminder that you wish to import
- Drag TaskPaper items to the popover that you want to move from TaskPaper to Reminders.app
- @done, @due, @start, and @priority tags will transfer between the two apps
Early still. Give it a try and let me know what works and what doesn’t.
Thoughts & Questions
I like the function, I’m not sure about the UI.
I like the popover UI because it both feels attached to the current TaskPaper window … important so that it’s clear what document imported reminders will end up in. At the same time it helps to show that the displayed list of reminders is a separate list from the document content. That’s the challenge with this UI, want to connect to a window, but also want to make it clear that the window isn’t showing a view of the document content, it’s showing a view of Reminders.app content.
So that’s the logic, but at the same time the UI feels a little clunky. Other ideas welcome.
If you don’t see your problem in the issue tracker then I’ve missed it. Please help by adding an issue or sending me a reminder. Issues in Ready and In Progress states are for v3.5.