TaskPaper 3.5 Preview (269)

Note If you just added all of your saved searches to the searches.taskpaper file (in application support folder) for the last release… you’ll need to move that file into the Configurations subfolder.

• Added tags configuration file, allowing you to choose tags show in the sidebar
  • Moved configuration files (searches and tags) to Application Support Folder ./Configurations
  • Fixed “Check for Updates” menu item to show on macOS 10.11

Issue Tracker

If you don’t see your problem in the issue tracker then I’ve missed it. Please help by adding an issue or sending me a reminder. Issues in Ready and In Progress states are for v3.5.

Download

Check for Update is back. Yea!

Is the location for the saved searches a sandbox thing? Is it possible for the location to be configurable, so we could put it in an iCloud directory, thus having it automagically sync instead of us having to do so manually?

In the app store version of TaskPaper the application support folder is in the sandbox, but in the direct download version there is no sandbox. That means in the direct download version I think you can replace the current searches.taskpaper file with a symlink to wherever you want to store the release version (such as on dropbox or iCloud)

Ahh, cool, I’ll try that.

On another subject, the change to the app ID meant I lost “re-open last open document”. I went back digging through here to find where I found out how to do that last time, and I’ve done that, but it still isn’t working.

(On 10.11.6, TP 3.5 preview 269)
defaults write com.hogbaysoftware.TaskPaper3.direct NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool true

I did this per instructions, i.e. with TP closed, then re-opened it, opened my document and closed the default, then quit the app. Re-opening the app has the default again, not my document. I tried a couple of times, no go.

I tried it again, this time while TP was open. It didn’t work, either. (I didn’t expect it to, but figured I’d see.)

Is this working (or not working) for anyone else?