Remove the preview badge?

I’m using the preview version of Taskpaper which has the red “Prev” badge on the icon. As I have no badge notifications on any of my apps, it’s distracting to have one badge there (and there are no notifications). My OCD-self doesn’t really understand that :wink: Is there any hidden option to hide the ‘prev’ badge? I understand the reason why it’s there, but it would be great to be able to remove it via a hidden option e.g.

1 Like

I’d very much like that ability too.

Here’s a solution that I found which works: macos - Remove dock notification badge for apps not in notification center - Ask Different (use “com.hogbaysoftware.TaskPaper3” as bundleid). You’ll have to toggle the ‘badges’ in Notification preferences on and off before it works.

1 Like

Yes please!!

And I prefer a build in option (hidden shortcut like CMD-CTRL-OPT-SHIFT-B) and no hack (like @mdbraber suggests)!

Feek

I don’t want to add any keyboard shortcuts, but for the next release I’ve added a defaults key ShowPreviewBadge. If you set it to false then it won’t show.

2 Likes

Excellent. Is the domain com.hogbaysoftware.TaskPaper, .TaskPaper.mac, or .TaskPaper3 ?

It’s com.hogbaysoftware.TaskPaper3.

1 Like

Great, thanks.

For those who don’t know, this means that to hide the preview badge, you’d open the Terminal app on OS X, paste in the following line, and press Return.

defaults write com.hogbaysoftware.TaskPaper3 ShowPreviewBadge -bool false

(As Jesse said, it’ll only take effect from the next release onwards, i.e. later releases than 3.1 Preview 191.)

2 Likes

An official hack is fine with me!

I’ve tried this but it no longer works. Any ideas?

That preference didn’t make it over when I rewrote everything in Swift… I’ll add back for next release.

1 Like