QuickCursor... is there a modern version?

I was just reminded of my old app QuickCursor. Is there a modern way to accomplish the same thing? That is quickly edit text from a web text field in a native editor?

With the edit updating the web field text (rather than just capturing it into a local file or clipboard) ?

I guess either way. I am mostly just looking for a link to give someone who was using QuickCursor so that they have a more modern solution. I suspect it’s less important/useful now, because many web editors are complex enough that it doesn’t make much sense to shuffle the content off to another editor maybe.

I think I would probably do something with Keyboard Maestro, as in this sketch by TJ Luoma, which also points to one or two other versions:

Replacing QuickCursor with Keyboard Maestro

1 Like

I miss QuickCurser so much :heart_hands:
You’ve made truly amazing and easily-beautiful apps and many of them were the inspiration for my desire to learn how to code and also make that code simply-beautiful.

Kindly,

Chrissi

Thanks :), but no, there isn’t a modern version that I’m aware of. The project code is still available here: GitHub - jessegrosjean/quickcursor.