Problems with Text Editing and folded items

continuing to work in Bike and because i have used Taskpaper for so long, all my training is for Bike’s text mode to work exactly like Taskpaper.

Where i think Bike adds considerable value is (1) in its outline mode and (2) its smoothness. Also, i got into self-caused trouble when i was using TP to do thinking-in-text, marked some some items as done and forgot that when i hit archive later in other parts of my TP doc, those done items would all drop to the archive, breaking those other sub-outlines. I don’t have this risk with Bike.

So, my preference is for text mode to act exactly like Taskpaper and for outline mode to be where all the differences happen. I am going to jump back and forth between the two apps, so it is really helpful for me to have one mode where the two apps behave exactly the same way.

Thus:

T1
   T1.1
T2
   T2.1

if i am in text mode and i move T2 up one level, i would like it to end up like this:

T1
T2   
   T1.1
   T2.1

And if I’m in outline mode, i would like it to end up like this:

T2 
   T2.1
T1  
   T1.1

Are you not already seeing this behavior. I agree that’s how it should work and for me at least I think it is.

sorry, i wasn’t fully clear there. when T2 is folded, then in text mode, moving T2 up also carries T2.1 with it and leaves it inside T1. Then if i try to move back down (to reverse what i just did), all the T2 children are left in T1.

If text mode made to be just like TP, then even if T2 is folded, only T2 should move up, and T2’s children should just be left in place, with their indents

as you know, in TP, to move whole parent-child chunks up and down, one has to fold or select whole branches first. but in Bike’s outline mode, it’s natural.