Please add .md as an extension option

I’m now using Bike regularly to work with some of my markdown files, but it is cumbersome to manually change .txt to .md for all my files. All my other apps (Obsidian, Nota, MMD5, Typora, etc.) use the standard extension for markdown files. It would be logical for Bike to include this and significantly improve its ease of use.

I was a long-time user of FoldingText. Bike is a great successor to FT. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, glad you are making good use of Bike!

Restating to make sure we are on the same page… Bike can already read/write text files with any file extension (.md included). The issue you are having is when you create a new document in Bike and save you are forced to use “.txt” extension when you choose “Plain Text”. You would like to be able to choose any file extension? Is that the issue?

Ok, turns out it’s not too hard, this should be available in next release. To save with an alternative file extension you’ll just need to type it out direction. For example my filename.md. You will see a warning that you aren’t using standard extension, but then you can save and things should work.

I think this is now possible in Bike 1.2 Preview, please give it a try and let me know.

Works fine. Thanks.

1 Like