Paragraph Spacing

Is there a way to set before and after paragraph spacing? Or, is there a way to apply line height to Projects and not to tasks, or tasks and not to notes? You can do all of the following with manual returns. However, setting line height normally gives a more professional space appearance between lines and, if it were possible to set different line spacing values to different sections then that would make life easier for sure.

----------- This -----------
THIS IS A PROJECT:

• And this is a task which supports the project

And this is a lot of discussion about ways to go about taking care of the task

THIS IS ANOTHER PROJECT:

----------- Is Better Than This -----------
THIS IS A PROJECT:

THIS IS ANOTHER PROJECT:

ADDED: Shucks, answered my own question (almost) - @jessegrosjean except I would still like to know if there is a paragraph setting for spacing. It would still be nice to set before and after spacing (as different). Best case scenario would be to set a project to line spacing before by value. Then whatever you put after it stays grouped with it visually. It does work to put line height in each section. This is looking good so far as;

`// Changes the Task Font.
item[data-type=task] {
font-size: 18;
color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
line-height-multiple: 1.5;
}

// Changes the Note Font.
item[data-type=note] {
font-size: 17;
color: rgb(42, 84, 165);
font-style: Bold;
line-height-multiple: 1.9;
}`

You can use paragraph-spacing-before and paragraph-spacing-after on the item element.

And you can search the forums :wink:
“paragraph-spacing”, first post

Wonderbar! Thanks.

Curious to find a manual on TP. I think there is a Wiki page somewhere … does not appear to be a link for this on the Hogbay forums page. Also Hogbay still goes to the earlier sight and links back to this good site. Point is for a person who has difficulty organizing and is drawn to taskpaper for help with organizing, it is important to go to a manual and look through it from time to time.

Searching for other similarly related posts can work and can also be quite frustrating to get to an answer with. Of course I very much appreciate any help I can get.

There is the User’s Guide linked to through: Help > User’s Guide

But it doesn’t discuss paragraph-spacing … that’s a part of themes that wasn’t working correctly until recently. So I didn’t officially document it.

Thanks, I will spend some time with it. FWIW, I have seen other references to answers to questions I have asked here. For me it is all about the context. If you are an advanced or experienced user you might already know where to look for what part of the answer you are seeking. Might be helpful if there was a linked to page which had any important referenced “how to’s” on it. Could even include the help manual (and other links).

Who knows, maybe I can contribute some day as I make my way through all of this. In the mean time I very much appreciate the generosity of others here on this list.

I also wrote a primer on working with dates on TaskPaper. Give it a read. I wanted to do more on queries, but I need more time to figure things out myself.

A primer on using dates in TaskPaper

Thanks. I will check it out.