Option to strip tags (except @done) when archiving done items

Option to strip tags (except @done) when archiving done items.

Would help keep old items out of filtered views.

1 Like

Seems reasonable as a non default option. Adding to my list.

I haven’t seen this implemented yet. I’m looking to strip @today tags from @done items. Otherwise I get many entries from the archive each time I search for @today items which is not what I want.

There was a script to do so for Taskpaper 2 - this I remember. I miss this and the ability to selectively file a @done task in the archive without filing all at once.

I do like the default behaviour of the archive done tasks command to add the project under which the task was originally as this provides useful context and a useful record of things accomplished.

For the rest TaskPaper v3 is coming along nicely - I like it.

1 Like

This should be built in now. See Preferences > Tasks > Remove extra tags…

1 Like

I’ve found it under preferences at it works. Thanks.

2 Likes

For me this works:

one @done @today
two @today @done

The Archive Done result is:

Archive:
	one @done
	two @done

This example is a bit tricky:

In particular since the @today text is included twice on each line… in that case TaskPaper will only recognize the first @today as a tag. And then when you archive it will remove that recognized @today tag (but not the other @today text) . But when the archive completes that second @today is recognized since it’s the only one left… giving you:

Archive:
	@done --> @today tag is removed when archived
	@done --> @today tag remains when archived

So for me I think it’s working correctly on Version 3.8.6 (382).

Jesse,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion about my example. It was not intended to represent an actual line of text in the editor. I was not expecting it to work with multiple instances of the same tag on the same line. I just tested with several scenarios similar to yours (@done tag before, @done tag in the middle, @done tag at end, multiple other tags) and can no longer replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Chris

Yeah, I did figure that’s probably what you meant… but since it wasn’t working I figured I would explain that case. Anyway do let me know if you figure out why it wasn’t working for you before. Probably some unconsidered case.

I think it only occurs with nested tasks. For example, I just archived done tasks and had some child tasks tagged @done where the parent was also tagged @done. The child task had an additional tag of @now which was not stripped out when archived.

• Task 1 @done(2019-11-20)
    • Task 1.1 @done(2019-11-20)
      • Task 1.1.1 @now @done(2019-11-20)