Odd behavior when selecting values in "Tag With" popup

This is my first time posting in the support forum, so I hope I’m doing this correctly. I have attempted to find this topic before posting but have not been able to find it—forgive me if I’ve missed it somehow.

I use tag values rather heavily and am aware that they won’t come up in auto-completion when just typing the @ and then tag. However, now that values show in the sidebar and come up in the “Tag With” popup, I was hoping that would serve as a fast way of selecting preexisting values.

Currently in TaskPaper, however, when I select a tag value from the Tag With popup, it inserts in an odd manner.

Here is an example to better illustrate:

I use the tag @contact with the contact’s name as the value. You can see these in the sidebar and coming up in the Tag With pop up:

However, when I select one in the pop up, this is what it inserts:

• Called @contact contains[l] “Anne Hess”
  • Sent email to @contact contains[l] “Dave”

And those then show as tags in the sidebar (even though they’re not highlighted fully like most tags):

The behavior I am going for is when selecting, for example, Anne Hess in the “Tag With” list, it would insert @contact(Ann Hess).

Selecting the tag value does work in the Taskmator iOS application (but I understand that is an independent project).

I hope I’ve explained this okay! Please let me know if there’s any more information I can provide.

Thank you!

My TaskPaper is Version 3.8.6 (382)
My computer is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

1 Like

I just want to say that for a first time poster, you did a great job!

I’m sure that @jessegrosjean will respond soon!

Yes, thanks… I just tried your example and something is definitely off. I’ll try to debug further later today.

(And @Jim is right… thanks for the descriptive post!)

1 Like