Obsidian iOS

would it be possible to use Obsidian on iOs as mobile companion to TP3?
Any counter indication?

Obsidian for iOS uses plain text documents, so it should be able to read and edit TaskPaper documents.

You may need to change the extension from .taskpaper to .md

It would be worthwhile checking out Obsidian’s forum. You never know what you will find with a search.

Beyond that, you should back up your TaskPaper docs, and try it out.

thanks Jim, would be nice if Obsidian mantains the TP fold capabilities…

You can enable “Fold Headings” and/or “Fold Indents” in Obsidian’s Editor settings. There is also a community plugin called “Outliner” that make may also make it feel a little more “Taskpaper-ish”.

2 Likes

Thanks, that I do…
one thing missing is the @done strikethrough, even manually added…

For missing features in other apps, it might be prudent to post a feature request on their forum.

Thanks Jim, I am a happy TP user but, as many, I miss a mobile companion app (that uses iCloud…); that’s why…

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that @amelchi !

Did you get this working to your satisfaction?

In Obsidian, there is a discord server and there are CSS gurus. I bet someone can make you a snippet to mark the @done with strikethrough font. Obsidian allows for CSS snippets to be loaded and used.

Please keep this thread updated with your progress, i might try it too!

Sorry, I had some problem last month… no time to check it out

There is a very good community plug-in for tasks and also one for archiving completed tasks. I’ve been using them and they are working well for me. I have the system set up to show tasks on the daily note.

Would you mind to share your setup?

TIA

I use three Community plugins: Calendar, Tasks and Obsidian Task Archiver. My daily note template includes Overdue tasks, Due today, Due in the next three days, No due date and Done today.
As an example:-

Due in the next three days

not done
due after {{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}
due before {{date+3d:YYYY-MM-DD}}
I keep my tasks in groups in a task folder. Creating tasks is easy using the command from the Command palette. I usually archive tasks in these groups weekly. 
Hope that helps.
1 Like

Due in the next three days

not done
due after {{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}
due before {{date+3d:YYYY-MM-DD}}

Sorry posted twice as it doesn’t seem to copy the opening and closing syntax for the tasks plugin. I think it’s fairly clear in the notes with the plug-in.

1 Like