Is there any way to tune anti-aliasing for non Retina screens?

Maybe I’m in a minority here with a non-Retina display, but I’d like a way to tune anti-aliasing. I have it all set up with other apps, Taskpaper looks a bit off to me, as if it is not aligning with the system setting. Below is my copy of Taskpaper 3.0 Preview (left) versus my copy of FoldingText 2.1 (right). I actually found FoldingText looked better if I commented-out
the //-webkit-font-smoothing: subpixel-antialiased !important;

TaskPaper 3 I think should use the standard system setting I think … so if you use the same font in TextEdit then TaskPaper should look the same? If it’s just that you would like an option to customize this further I’ll look into adding this option when I start working on themes. Please let me know if that’s what you mean.

It must be the font then, I use a setting defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 2 to overcome Yosemite limitations on non-Retina macs (I had to abandon Preview for daily use when I upgraded, it’s intolerable on my mac, and doesn’t even recognise the system setting). Text Edit uses Menlo on my system and seems much crisper than Taskpaper.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I’m going to ignore for now as I’m not sure what the next step is, but once I start implementing themes please let me know how things look and what extra control you need.

I am sure I’m just asking to be able to change the font it seems unnecessary to have further customisation. I hope next year to upgrade anyway, it’s about time to upgrade, hopefully with Retina, I’m sure that’s what Apple would want!

Yup, just last month I finally upgraded to a Retina iMac from a 2008 Mac Pro. The screen is nice!