IOS - Can't Seem to Find Clear Answer

Really hoping there is an IOS client - really hoping… But saw an answer from '17 indicating IOS did not pay the developer enough.

Coming from a Todoist guy…

Thanks, Dennis

There is Taskmator, written by a third party. I had sync issues with it, so I moved away from it.

Any text editor will work. I use 1Writer, as I can make JavaScript macros in it (which covers most of my TaskPaper needs in 1Writer).

I should know this, but does it say anywhere on the forum how I can sync the Taskpaper file with my iPhone?

Is there any other text editor on the iPhone that I can use?

Thanks, Dennis

TaskPaper documents are simply text files. So any service that can sync text files will work. I have used Dropbox and iCloud, and they both sync well.

Any iOS text editor will work. As mentioned above, I use 1Writer. Editorial is also very good.

Hi Dennis,
I don’t know about automated synching, but on iOS I particularly like the Editorial app. It includes extensions that recognize the .taskpaper extension, with support for many of the taskpaper specific conventions involved with making to-do lists and then checking them off.

As a bonus it also supports the Folding Text conventions, although with the .md file extension rather than .ft, plus formatted previews including embedded images and properly formatted links.

One reason I don’t know as much about the automated synching is that I always do mine manually, using an app called iMazing over a USB cable. iTunes can also work. As long as I’m careful, I’ve never lost any work this way, and it avoids issues that can come up with a marginal internet connection.

Also Drafts can do as a not so smart mobile client.

You will need a few actions to make it work (pull/push of taskpaper file from cloud storage and some utilities to mark done etc…)

1 Like

Hi Riccardo, could you share your Drafts actions…?
thanks

1 Like

They are not mine. The most important are probably:
TaskPaper Action Group
TaskPaper actions for Pulling and pushing file to Dropbox
Similar thing using iCloud

You can use ThoughtAsylum - Tasks & Lists when you roll your own action as a starting point.

You can otherwise search the action directory, and don’t forget that you can always (or most cases) mix and match the actions that work best for you.

2 Likes