Import images

I know this is a very long shot, but it would be nice if Bike could import images, like one can do with Workflowy (maybe if Bike adds an html file format?)

1 Like

This is definitely on my long term list, but fairly far down that list at the moment. So I want it too, but no promises.

2 Likes

i’ve been using Bike to take notes during remote meetings, and it would be very nice to use Bike to store screenshots.

1 Like

Doug: if you have Hook there might be a temporary workaround. Download/identify screenshot, Hook it, paste Hook link to image in outline. You won’t see the image in the outline, but can easily bring it up by clicking on the link.

I know this isn’t exactly what you were asking for, but could be a useful band-aid until full image support comes to Bike.

1 Like

Thanks Mitchell. I hadn’t thought of that. it might not work for me in this case, as some of these screenshots will be business stuff and thus shouldn’t be saved off computer, but as a workaround, it’s a cool idea. could you post a link to Hook?

But if you take a screenshot isn’t that by definition “on computer”? Maybe I’m not understanding the situation complete.

Here’s the link:

No need to get the “pro” version. I think you can test it out free for a few days. I use this app a lot in my own work.

oh i see. i thought hook was an online archive service. this is much better. thanks

Another approach (avoiding subscriptions and an additional layer of proprietary url-scheme) is just to use Markdown links preceded by a bang, in the ![image name](image url) pattern.

Viewing a Bike file in marked2app.com will already display inline images included in the form of such links.

I personally harvest the Markdown link using this Keyboard Maestro macro, which automates it for a number of macOS applications, including the Finder:

4 Likes