Formatting Tip

Continuing to share tips with formatting, This is how I am using adding or taking away spacing with paragraphs. Sometimes I want two separate lines to appear together as with citing references below a paragraph. Sometimes I want a paragraph to stand out with a little added spacing above or below. I was unable to shrink the space above as that must be already determined so - I commented it out. If anyone has a work-around for this, please do share. Otherwise, I hope this is useful to someone.

Just to be clear, I am now working on very long, mind numbing, technical documents and I am using TaskPaper to do it. Eventually I will move to a word processor for proper formatting. But TaskPaper makes the assembly of the information in the research phase and the draft phase much more easy to accomplish than I could accomplish by using a word processor alone. Hence, my use of formatting tags in TaskPaper.

// -----------------------------------------
// ------ LAYOUT TAGS ------
// ----------------------------------------

// ABOVE LINE
// Changes the preceding paragraph spacing to be compressed, “Above Space Compressed”: “@asc”
// NOT WORKING
// item[data-asc] {
// paragraph-spacing-before: 0;
// }
// Changes the text of the tag “@asc”.
// run[tag=data-asc] {
// color: mix(black, white, 30%);
// }

// Changes the preceding paragraph spacing to be expanded, “Above Space Expanded”: “@ase”
item[data-ase] {
paragraph-spacing-before: 24;
}
// Changes the text of the tag “@ ase”.
run[tag=data-ase] {
color: mix(black, white, 30%);
}

// BELOW LINE
// Changes the following paragraph spacing to be compressed, “Below Space Compressed”: “@bsc”
item[data-bsc] {
paragraph-spacing-after: 0;
}
// Changes the text of the tag “@ bsc”.
run[tag=data-spa] {
}

// Changes the following paragraph spacing to be expanded, “Below Space Expanded”: “@bse”
item[data-bse] {
paragraph-spacing-after: 24;
}
// Changes the text of the tag “@bse”.
run[tag=data-bse] {
}

1 Like