Browser-like tab management

I often “focus in” at a row in a new tab, thus making multiple tabs unclosed. Sometimes i want to “pin” a tab, and other time i want to navigate to the first/second/third/… tabs through ⌘Command1、⌘Command2、⌘Command3.
I think maybe add some browser-like tab management will be of great help to navigate between focused rows. Just saying.

1 Like

+1. would be also nice to have:

• smth like cmd-option-left/right for tabs navigation
  • to have an option to open a file as a tab in current window. as for now it always opens in a separate window and I drag it to another window.

thanks

I think maybe add some browser-like tab management will be of great help to navigate between focused rows. Just saying.

Maybe doing the same thing. Eventually I expect to add a sidebar for navigation. The sidebar will show top level rows. Select a row in the sidebar and it will focus into that row in the active tab.

I’m not sure if that is what you were after, but I think it’s pretty good for navigation.

Sometimes i want to “pin” a tab, and other time

Pinning a tab would be interesting, but I’m not certain how to implement (tabs are a system thing not fully in my control). I’m also hesitant to build core navigation on tabs for the same reason.

Instead I do expect once I have sidebar implemented you can drag rows into the sidebar to create links/pins. I think for must of the same effect.

i want to navigate to the first/second/third/… tabs through ⌘Command1、⌘Command2、⌘Command3.

I think same thing here … I don’t want to associate those keys with tabs because I would rather implement core navigation on an interface element that I have more control over. I do think once sidebar is added I would consider supporting those commands to select sidebar items.

I think this is possible now. Option-Tab selects next tame. Shift-Option-Tab selects previous.

Do any other document based apps support this? I’m hesitant to add because I’m not sure many would use.

Thx for the reply jesse!

in my case it adds/removes indent in a row.

Do any other document based apps support this? I’m hesitant to add because I’m not sure many would use.

Sublime text comes to my mind (or a browser)

Sorry, it’s Control-Tab and Shift-Control-Tab that do it… I typed the wrong shortcut. In any case there are menu items for this: Window > Show Previous Tab, Window > Show Next Tab.

1 Like