Bike themes work (even the easy 1.0 version of it) has been coming along more slowly than expected. I have been working lots…
The problem is I got distracted by Bike internal changes. Exciting work! Unfortunately a bit too exciting, and so I end up forgetting everything else and just working on it for the last 2 weeks.
The good news is I’ve made some important progress and validated a new internal design. It will improve a lot of code interactions in addition to supporting outline filtering. I’ve had a few stabs at this in the past, but this time I feel like I’ve found the sweat spot between nice API, simple implementation, and performant. It’s been very fun to work on.
The big issue is it will take lots of surgery to replace bike’s current internals with this updated version. I expect I’ll spend the winter alternating between updates to current Bike version, and working to get this new core into Bike. My end goal is to get the new internals in, and outline filtering implemented by spring. Then I’ll change focus to iOS version.
So that’s my winter plan.