• Added .rtf support when pasting into Bike

• Changed indentation to char width increments

• Changed selection to extend to contain inserted text

• Fixed ensuring unique root ids for all open documents

• Fixed cases where drawing was not at correct pixel boundary

• Fixed detect links to work when link is not at start of line

• Fixed bike link resolution problem when multiple documents are open

• Fixed ensuring text formatting isn’t allowed in plain text formats

• Fixed paste to add link to selected text to only add link if pasted text is a link

• Fixed crash when interacting with RTL text, crash gone, still need more work to better support RTL text

• Fixed detected link to not override underlying link value. This handles case when a link label is also recognized as a link

• Fixed .bike encoding to not adding spaces between format runs when viewed in web browser. Pretty printing is now only applied to outer elements in the file format, but not to the <p> element and its contents.

To get preview releases through Bike’s software update select: Bike > Preferences > General > Include “preview” releases.

5 Likes

This looks sooooo much better! Thank you!

1 Like

:tada: This is fantastic! I can now simply copy Bike outlines to Apple Mail or Microsoft Word! My previous workaround (opening the .bike file in Safari to copy the generated HTML) is no longer necessary

3 Likes

The tooltip, and single-click launch, are great – very fast and low friction.

(and ctrl-click for further options seems just right, too)

Thanks !

Just what I was envisioning!

1 Like

It became OK when the Font was changed to mono in Preferences, but when the Font is a proportional type such as System and the format is set to Code, the indentation between Code Rows remains misaligned.

Fig.

Or… are the Bike assuming such a multi-line Code format in the first place? :thinking: :upside_down_face:

Does columnar alignment of indentation actually have a definable meaning in the case of a proportional font ?

What would it really mean to vertically “align” proportional i with proportional w for example ?

iiiii
wwwww

intermediate spaces ?

i i i i i
wwwww

double spaces ?

i  i  i  i  i
wwwww

h  h  h  h  h
wwwww

Perhaps, by definition, a goal for monospaced fonts only ?

I think that it may be solved if the indentation is set to the character width of the code format.

I think you are right, it doesn’t :slight_smile:

I don’t think that would make much difference. You start a row with “m” instead of “I” in a proportional font (for example) then the chars are just not going to line up I think.

The current indentation spacing is calculated as:

1. Measure width of SPACE
  2. Multiply that SPACE width until the value is >= 28.
1 Like

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:
Hmm. I feel passing each other, so reset the conversation.

Fig.

Fig. 1a. is the result of [Preview (72)]'s change. (Set the font to monospace.)
(It is great :slightly_smiling_face:)

Now, if you set the font to proportional, such as System.
As shown in Fig. 1b., even the code format is misaligned.

Therefore, as shown in Fig. 2. indent set to the char width of the code format x4.

Of course, as a side effect, formats other than code also need to have the same indent width.
No problem. (???) :grinning:

Make a sence?

I think so.

I see what you mean that the “code” marks mess up the alignment, but I’m not sure that I want to address that now. Even if I correct for code marks then there is still the link button… which is a different width then the code marks and can also create the same problem.

A possible solution would be to make those inserted chars also always a multiple of SPACE char width, I might do that later, but I think it will require testing and tweaking to make it all look right and I don’t want to get into that right now.

I’m adding a note about this in my long term feature list, but will leave as is for now.

1 Like

1 Like