Bike 1.0 release expected May 17th! :)

Bike’s been accepted by Apple (took a while, but everything OK in end).

Release is expected next Tuesday. Then I’ll spend a few days madly emailing people about the release, then back in my comfort zone and expect to start rich text editing feature after that.

I’ve been tweaking Bike’s home page:

I will submit to product hunt and will send copies to Mac publications.

I’ll post the intro video to twitter and hopefully get some retweets.

Any thoughts on anything else I should be doing for the release? It’s been a long time since the last one :slight_smile:

GRRRRRRR

Let me add a big “maybe” to that date now.

Apple did accept it, but then I decided to change a screenshot. Was told by my Apple contact that the change shouldn’t effect anything, review would be quick since it had already been reviewed…

New reviewer rejected for a number of metadata things. I can’t for the life of me find the magic sequence of buttons they want me to press in the app submission form to get those fixed. And to add to the fun their review process software has been crashing 80% of the time for the last few days.

Anyway, will release as soon as I can get through that mess, maybe still next Tues, but not so sure now.

OK, Apple’s approved it again :slight_smile: I’m not touching any screenshots now, release set for 17th.

2 Likes

Congrats on the acceptance!

Put up some tutorial videos in your YouTube channel?

Maybe send a copy to podcasts about Mac apps?

Maybe post in https://www.reddit.com/r/macapps/

Thanks, good ideas all, and none yet on my list. Will see what I can do.

1 Like

Yes, congrats!

Maybe a post at the OutlinerSoftware Forum as well, although I see you’ve been (unfairly, in my opinion) dissed there recently.

I’m really excited about Bike. I’ve been running my life off outliners since the early 1980’s, and Bike, with its clean architecture and ability to handle both strict and relaxed outlining, feels like it has the potential to be one of the best.

1 Like

Hacker News likes these sort of info management apps: https://news.ycombinator.com/

I think it helps if you can coordinate people to upvote to get to the front page.

1 Like