Bike 1.0 (24) Preview

• Add Help > Release Notes
  • Add Learn/Ignore spelling to context menu
  • Changed item handle triangle to be slightly larger
  • Improved Undo and Redo animations to be a bit cleaner
  • Improved new version alert to include release notes and download link
  • Fixed File > New Window will now save/restore own outline focus/collapse state
  • Fixed Glitch where item handle would sometimes overlap current line indicator

Bit of a slow week. Was hoping to get in find panel, but spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the mix will be between AppKit and SwiftUI for building out UI. Still not quite sure, but I’ve at least tried a bunch of options.

3 Likes

Nice to see that my custom handle.png was maintained after installing the new version.

1 Like

I like the Help pages, and without them I might not have noticed that rather brilliant Ctrl press to drop a dragged item as a link :slight_smile:

PS I haven’t listed it in the documentation, but for the (Keyboard Maestro)
Copy As MD Link macro below, I have added, under the hood, some code for com.hogbaysoftware.Bike, so that a Bike item can be copied to clipboard in this format:

[Text of the selected Bike item](bike://K2HFoMgk#J9)

3 Likes

I might spend some time tomorrow converting my main TaskPaper document (work tasks/ideas) to a Bike document. Stability-wise, is Bike ready to be used as a reliable productivity app? Or best to just keep playing around with it?

I think it’s good stability wise.

1 Like