Animation on text changes

Hey folks, firstly, I really like the simplicity/utility of Bike - kudos to the developers!

I have a question: I don’t mind animation in general, but animating the text changes/cursor movements as I edit the text is a bit annoying - yeah it looks cool, but it’s still annoying/does not bring any good into my workflow. Bike is the only application that I use, that has this effect and I can not get used to it. Is there a chance to turn off the animation?

Regards,
Grigory

Yes, if you go into Bike > Preferences > Editor you will see two animations options. Uncheck “Enable Animations” to turn off all animations. Uncheck “Enable Typing Animations” to only stop the text animations that I think you are talking about.

1 Like

Perfect! It looks like probably I accidentally enabled them and then forgot about it. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Just fwiw, I also disabled this because even though it looks cool, it makes the editing feel a bit more sluggish for me (even though I know it doesn’t).

Perhaps just an initial sense of unfamiliarity ?

I experimented with it off and on, and now find that:

1. Any strangeness has evaporated – it’s no longer noticeable or distracting – I give it no thought, and
  2. it seems to somehow make the process of writing ⇄ thinking more relaxing. Less abruptness in the transitions back and forth between the two ? Not sure.

Unexpected, and I would personally never have thought of it. But it seems to work …