Taskpaper 3 themes

Sorry that’s not possible, right now guide-line-color is only associated with the editor, so it applies to all items the same.

OK, good to know – I’m playing with a theme that uses colour in the “handles” rather than the leading dash, text or tags. But changing the guideline colour might be a bad idea from a logical/hierarchical point of view, anyway! Thanks for all your help with this.

Here is my BLACK background - GREEN text old fashion monochrome theme with some color tag.

I write lot of notes so that they are shaded not to hide task

@font-family: "Lucida Console";
@background-color: rgb(20, 20, 20);
@text-color: rgb(21, 220, 0);

run[link] {
 color: rgb(0, 75 , 0);
 text-decoration: none;
}

run[link^="button"] {
  color: rgb(200, 10, 10);
  text-expansion: 1;
  text-decoration: none;
}

editor {
 top-padding-percent: 25%;
 bottom-padding-percent: 50%;
 typewriter-scroll-percent: 50%;
 color: @text-color ;
 background-color: @background-color ;
 font-family: @font-family ;
 editor-wrap-to-column: 100;
 item-wrap-to-column: 100;
} 
 item[data-type=project] {
 text-decoration: underline;
 color: rgb(0, 150, 0);
}
item[data-type=note] {
 color: rgb(0, 100, 0);
}
item[data-type=task] {
  color : rgb(100, 220, 0);
}
run[tag=data-due] {
  color: rgb(255, 0, 0);
}

run[tag=data-today] {
  color: rgb(255, 0, 0);
}
run[tag=data-waiting] {
color: rgb(204, 0, 204);
}
run[tag=data-delegate] {
color: rgb(255, 200, 255);
}
run[tag=data-meeting] {
 color: rgb(255, 255, 150);
}
run[tag=data-delete] {
color: rgb(100, 100, 100);
text-decoration: line-through;
}
item[data-delete] {
  color: rgb(100, 100, 100);
}
run[tag=data-done] {
  color: rgb(21, 100, 0);
}
item[data-done] {
 color: rgb(21, 100, 0);
}
1 Like

Is the interface/window sidebar customizable in TP > 3.5 ? Can you give me an example ?

You can set the macOS “appearance” for the window and sidebar, but that’s the only styling possibility right now. So you can’t change font/size, just overall appearance. You change appearance like this:

window {
  appearance: NSAppearanceNameVibrantDark;
}

sidebar {
  appearance: NSAppearanceNameVibrantDark;
}

Thanks a lot, that’s do the job for a full black background app.

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for all your help with this so far! Two further theme-related queries from me today, if you can bear them.

1. Is it possible to change the default colour/style for the handle of a collapsed list?
  2. Is there any way of specifying other markup to distinguish, or even to hide? I know Taskpaper is not on the same road as FoldingText, but since I hop between them, it would at least be handy to either colour or to hide the markup for things like Markdown links, CriticMarkup, etc. I suspect styling the markup rather than hiding it would be best. Perhaps impossible, but it’s always worth enquiring.

Thanks as ever!

Mark

Yes, something like:

item[collapsed] {
  handle-color: green;
}

No, TaskPaper’s underlying syntax is fixed and styling isn’t as flexible as FoldingText. There’s no ability to hide characters or add extra syntax parsing such as for CriticMarkup.

Jesse,

Belatedly, thanks for this. I won’t lose any sleep over what I know not to be possible, so on the syntax parsing issue it’s good to know either way. Thanks for the tip on adjusting the collapsed item colour!

Best,

Mark

1 Like