Remove Due date when done in the tag list

I added it with a disclaimer. I will also modify the title from " Remove Due date when done in the tag list" to “Eliminate due dates when done in the tag list (Eliminated due dates may be not recoverable).” Maybe that way people know more of what is done without reading the posts.

If you still think that we should not put it there till more tests have been accomplished, I am perfectly fine with it.

One suggestion to accomplish what he wants without loosing much information would be to replace the tag symbol to something else like a dollar sign and then keep the simple done tag without more information. In that way the information remains there, but it is not showing in his sidebar (which I think was his original problem.)

So the script would modify something from,

- Finish script. @test @done(2021-02-04) @project(test)

To,

- Finish script. @test @done $(2021-02-04) @project(test)

I think that it will be simpler, but accomplish what he wants.

One suggestion

Thanks – good thoughts, I’ve made a similar kind of edit to the draft above (now 0.03).

Essentially, apart from adjusting the item path to ensure that any nested material in the archive project is saved to the archive file with its structure intact, it indents each new batch of saved materials (as they arrive in the archive file) under a line of the pattern:

archived: @at(2021-03-10 08:05)

Hi
I have a mode some testing using different file and folder. On iCloud and it do he job!!
Thanks a lot @complexpoint for this script
I will never be able to make it!!!

Thanks

2 Likes