iPhone or iPad reader?

Another odd question. Anyone find a way to nicely read these files on iPad or iPhone? I’d loveeee the ability to use this on my other devices potentially even if it’s just a read only for now. To have my files synced or saved on a cloud or iCloud Drive and able to open from one of those devices would be great!

I think you should be able to read Bike files on iOS with anything, like a browser, which can read HTML files.

(The simplest route might be to make a copy with an .html extension, at which point previews should become legible, though more convenient workflows are probably possible )

If you want to be able to edit on iOS, as well as view, then saving your Bike files as OPML would be one solution at this stage.

See: What can I use to open / edit Bike files on iOS/iPad? - Bike - Hog Bay Software Support

1 Like

I have a file that I constantly write in or update and I would love to be able to view the updated document as it changes on other devices. Maybe I’ll try to save it in the cloud automatically and view on a browser.

You can change the file extension from .bike to .html and Bike will still be able to read/write it. Save that file to iCloud and then you changes should be sent to iOS as you save, and be viewable since the file has .html extension.

2 Likes

You are the man yet again! thanks!

1 Like

be viewable or also editable? :innocent:, :pray:

Someday maybe from me, but not soon.

In the meantime I think your best best be is use .opml or .text outlines and find a compatible app that works on iOS: Bike Compatible Apps - Bike