Combining TaskPaper with 'Tyme' (for time session tracking)?

It is working great for me. Thanks.

Hey, Iā€™m having trouble getting the ā€œtoggle selected taskā€ script to work. No matter what I select in the document, I get the error message telling me to select something. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Tyme2 1.3.0, TP3 3.3.1.

Ver 0.002 above is working here with:

(seems later than the copy you are running, I notice)

and

• The usual first check is to make sure that copy-pasting has caught all line from start to end
  • After that, my next question might be about how you are selecting and launching the script

(Iā€™m just placing a cursor in the relevant line - not, for example, extending the selection).

1 Like

The first thing I should note which I didnā€™t prior is that I am using the trial version of Tyme. Given that itā€™s a time-based trial (hah) I wouldnā€™t think there would be any major code differences, but it looks like the trial version is a slightly earlier build.

That said, the issue is that I was using the earlier version of the script. Soā€¦ thatā€™s on me.

That said, however, the newer version of the script gives me a different issue. If I focus on a task (just have my cursor in the line) it gets added to my tyme list if itā€™s not already there, along with the project (nice touch, btw) but the timer does not start. Iā€™m triggering the script using Alfred.

but the timer does not start

I wonder if you are being misled by the granularity of Tyme2ā€™s time-elapsed display (minutes rather than seconds).

It stays at 00:00 for a minute before moving to 00:01

As long as the icon at left is a red circle (rather than white triangle) the timer has started.

If you are not seeing the red timer circle, then I will be able to help you with the Tyme2 version that I am running, but a trial version really introduces too many unknowns :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely not seeing the red circle.

Yeah, Iā€™m assuming this is an issue with the trial, then. Shame, because the only real reason to try Tyme for me was the taskpaper integration. Feel like writing a script for toggl integration? :slight_smile:

Feel like writing a script for toggl integration?

Tyme2 serves me well, thanks :slight_smile:

ā€˜togglā€™ ?
having googled that string (I donā€™t think you gave a link), Iā€™m guessing that it might be this web service - https://toggl.com/, which, if it proves scriptable at all, would have to be approached by injecting JavaScript into the web page. Tricky and fragile, might well not be feasible at all.

Yes, I didnā€™t bother including the link to emphasize that I was kidding. I assumed it would be challenging unto infeasibility, and I wouldnā€™t actually ask for that much unpaid effort.

Sorry my humor was a bit too dry to be apparent! And thanks for your help and all the great scripting you do do.

2 Likes

Hi

Either because of newish Tyme (Tyme 2 1.5.4 (2031) or shiny new Taskpaper (Version 3.5 (275)) but now getting

ā€œThe action ā€œRun JavaScriptā€ encountered an error.ā€

Any help gratefully received as usual :slight_smile:

Midnight approaching this timezone, but Iā€™ll take a look tomorrow evening :slight_smile:

Ah ā€“ may be a quick fix.

Iā€™ve edited it (above) to be unaffected by a small change in the TaskPaper application id.

Ver .003

Wow - thatā€™s almost faster than autorespond!!! :smiley:

Fixed it for me, so a LIfe Saver - thanks. (Again!)

Seems to push every task to Misc. (not sure why - assume thatā€™s something Tyme has b0rked by changing a property name or something in their scripting. So if you get a chance to fix (ie if itā€™s fairly trivial) that would be great but at least Iā€™m able to carry on tracking straight out of Taskpaper - for which many thanks again.

Could you tell me more about the allocation to Miscellaneous which you are seeing ?

(I am finding here that tasks get grouped in Tyme2 by the name of their parent project)

(I assume that you are indenting your tasks under a project line, rather than simply following project lines with unindented task lines ? The TaskPaper engine sees a task which just follows a project, at the same level of indent, as a parentless (miscellaneous, if you like) peer of the project, rather than as a child or member of it).

(For example, clicking on the left hand circle of a project only collapse/expands actually indented children of the project)

( But I may well be missing something else )

PICNIC (Well PASDNIC - Problem at standing desk not in Computer) :slight_smile:

Works perfectly.

Exactly as you surmised.

I had been playing around with style sheets - then setting up Projects (:slight_smile: folowed with straight unordered list (ie just a dash, no indent. (Engaged wrong Autopilot))

Thanks for pointing out my ineptitude :smiley:

No ineptitude at all :slight_smile:

I think the convention you were using goes back to very early days of TaskPaper, but was dropped, after a while, in favour of a more consistently tab-indented model of outlining.

Hi complexpoint,

Have you switched to Tyme 3 yet? Are you using this on tyme 3?

Chhers,
Neels

(no, Iā€™m afraid the value no longer added up for me when it became a subscription service)

1 Like