Here’s a script for managing repeating / recurring tasks. After running the script, whenever a task with a
@repeat value is marked
@done, the script immediately duplicates the task and increments the
@repeat value can be:
- the next date - e.g.
June 3, or
Nov 26 8:15
- the next dates, separated by comma - e.g.
- a duration offset from the last start/due date - e.g.
+3 day, or
- repeat next March 20th at 7pm @due(2018-03-15 19:00) @repeat(March 20 7pm)
- repeat every weekday @start(2018-03-20) @repeat(Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday)
- repeat 2 weeks after the start date @start(2018-03-15) @due(2018-03-20) @repeat(+2 weeks)
See the TaskPaper dates guide for more info on date formats.
I recommend running the script automatically when TaskPaper launches using a tool like Alfred or Keyboard Maestro. You can download the latest version of the
repeat.scpt script here: