WriteRoom crashes upon launch

Hi there,

I’m trying to open WriteRoom v3.2.1 on OS X 10.11.2. Each time I do so, the icon bounces for a couple minutes, then stops and reports as not responding when right-clicked. There hasn’t been an update in almost three-and-a-half years, so I’m assuming there’s been some changes in years interceding which have rendered the application broken, but I figured I’d ask on the off-chance there’s something else I can do to get the programme working.

If not, it’s been a good, long run.

Cheers,

–Buster

Hi, is 10.11.2 a beta… I seem to only have 10.11.1 installed and see no updates? WriteRoom is working fine for me in 10.11.1 … haven’t tried the 10.11.2 preview release though.

Anyway please try to run WriteRoom from your guest user account and see if runs there?

WriteRoom was working on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.3 just a few weeks ago. It doesn’t even appear to try to open on 10.11.4, now. :frowning:

Are you running the Mac App Store version? There are have been a number of cases where app in the Mac App Store stop working because of expired keys from Apple. I think you can fix this by:

1. Delete WriteRoom from your computer, empty trash, etc.
  2. Install fresh from the Mac App Store (should be free since you’ve already purchased)

Jesse