TaskPaper hangs when quitting

I have recently purchase TaskPaper, and after having it running for a while and trying to quit, it basically hangs and shows infinite beach ball. The only solution is to Force Quit the application. Is this a known issue?

It isn’t. Are there any o there factors… ie does this happen every time for you? What version of MacOS are you using?

Hey, I’d say it happens every time the process is running longer than a few hours.

I am using macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 and TaskPaper 3.7.6.

Let me know if I can get you any more information. Am I able to find the application logs somewhere?

TaskPaper hanged on me again today. I found nothing interesting in /var/log/system.log nor in the outputs of lsof or dtruss. Attached is part of the error log it spewed out after I killed the process. Maybe some kind of a race?

taskpaper.log.txt (4.4 KB)

That seems likely I guess. I suspect maybe something in the NSDocment/NSFilePresenter (that’s the only place that I’ve seen race problems while developing in past). But I “thought” I was handling all the code correctly now. I need some way to reproduce the issue.

Has anyone else noticed this hang when quitting? I’ve been trying to leave TaskPaper going longer, but haven’t been able to reproduce the issue myself.

I normally have TaskPaper running all day, and have never experienced the hang.

1 Like