Switch to app store version?

I’m a long time user of TaskPaper. Can I switch to the mac app store version (for iCloud syncing) without paying the $24.99 fee to purchase it all over again on the app store?

Hi Rob,

Do you know you can save your documents inside iCloud and keep everything sync without having to purchase the App Store version?

I had a similar issue with another application but in reverse (I wanted to switch from the App Store version that is sandboxed to the one that wasn’t.) Since they have different ways to manage licenses, and authenticating software, that wasn’t possible (think of developers paying the apple tax 30% or whatever percentage of the cost of the app that other services charge to push updates, keep track of licenses, etc.) It was kind of out of their control and I couldn’t get a refund since I had used the App Store version for a while. It may be different with TaskPaper, but it seems as if the same dynamics would apply.

Try simply saving your documents in the iCloud folder you want if all you want is to have the files sync. Same thing, but better :wink:

As Victor says it should be that any version of TaskPaper can sync to iCloud now. The App Store only restriction was and old restriction that’s been gone for quite a few years now.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies. I should have said that I already do sync through iCloud by saving the document in iCloud drive. The reason I’m interested in the app store version is because I frequently switch computers multiple times throughout the day and I often get sync errors where it asks me to choose which version I want to keep. But sometimes that doesn’t happen until I’ve already edited the other version. It’s messy which is why I hoped that the app store version would have a more efficient sync mechanism.

It’s messy which is why I hoped that the app store version would have a more efficient sync mechanism.

I don’t think it would make a difference… you could try saving to a different service (like Dropbox), maybe that maintains the synced versions faster. I’m not sure.