Plugin for "write or it will be erased" mode

Hi Jesse

I’ve been looking all over the place for an app that can “force” you to write for a definite amount of time or number of words in order to overcome writing blocks. I used to do this in “flowstate” a clunky app that eventually got pulled off from the app store.

The behaviour I am looking is quite straightforward: define a time slice or a number of words goal and just write, if you stop writing for more than — let’s say — 5 seconds, everything written since then is erased.

I have no programming skills whatsoever, but I was wondering perhaps this feature could be built as a “mode”. Since there are (to my knowledge) no writing apps offering this feature I think it might be a nice addition. However, there is always the possibility that I might be the only person with this particular “itch” :slight_smile:

Anyways, thanks a lot for a great tool, I’ve been a huge fan since the 1.0 release.

Rodrigo

Wow, that sounds pretty extreme and dangerous!

With that said a plugin to do this is pretty simple. I’ve added a “speed up” plugin to the plugin repo:

Install it. Then to make it work:

Edit > Run Command > Begin Speed Up

When you are ready to finish:

Edit > Run Command > End Speed Up

And while you are typing… if you are too slow text will be erased. But you can “Undo” to get it back! :smile:

Jesse

Awesome!

Thank you very much Jesse, works like a charm. Loved the undo safe net :).

And really, thank you for taking the time to do this.