Off Topic (iPad)

Sorry to barge in here with a non TaskPaper question. I don’t see a lounge area so I thought I would just ask etc question generally (and quickly as I don’t want to sidetrack too much from this forum being for TaskPaper.

It just occurred to me that perhaps someone on this list might have an answer to a problem that I have not been able to resolve. I was given a 2013 model iPad recently. It’s my first one. This model is the last of a generation that cannot take modern iPod updates. Because of this, apparently, it won’t recognize my iCloud settings as used on my Mac. I can see the iCloud using my iPad, but I can only see a new iCloud folder which should allow me to create and save pages, keynote, and numbers to the iCloud. And I think it does this. But it can’t see the other similar created documents that I have put on my iCloud folders from my Mac.

The only thing that seems to work is Notes. That has been OK so far as I can paste what I have been writing in Taskpaper into a notes file, the iPad gets it and I can walk around a bit and still review what I have been writing - or add to it as the notes syncs both ways - as it should.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem and can offer me any insights on the issue? Maybe dropbox would work, I haven’t tried it yet. I went to the Apple store and all they said was, it doesn’t work, why don’t you buy a new one? I can’t accept that response yet. Just posting in case anyone has an idea. Otherwise, please feel free to ignore this post. Sorry for the interruption. And, thanks.