Missing user tags on the sidebar

Problem:
User entered tags do not appear on the sidebar

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Edit the configuration file ‘tags.taskpaper’ to either keep a blank ‘Include Tags’ OR completely remove the item ‘Include Tags’.
  2. Use the following Taskpaper to test. Tag ‘weak’ appears in the sidebar but tag ‘weakness’ does not.

Test:
- Test 1 @weakness
- Test 2 @weak

Motivation:
I want to remove the tags @due, @start, @today, @done from appearing as default in every Taskpaper document

I see there’s a bug in there if you completely remove the Include Tags: line, but it seems to work correctly for me if I just delete all associated tags, but keep that line.

Like this:

This is a configuration outline. Use it to store tags that you want to show (or always exclude) in the sidebar for all TaskPaper documents.

Include Tags:
Exclude Tags: @search

Then by default I see nothing under tags… but if I include tags in my document they all show up correctly.

I see this even if I modify the configuration file as per your suggestion

Hum… are we using the same version? I’m using: TaskPaper Version 3.7.6 (311).

Also can you include your entire tags.taskpaper file.

Sure.
Version: 3.7.6 (311)

tags.taskpaper file is as follows:

This is a configuration outline. Use it to store tags that you want to show (or always exclude) in the sidebar for all TaskPaper documents.

Include Tags:
Exclude Tags: @search

Ahh I think I figured it out. When trying to recreate your setup I found out that if you have any trailing spaces after “Include Tags:” then only the @weak tag will show. I bet you’ve got some spaces there, delete them and I think it should work… definitely a bug, but not one I’m likely to fix in the near term.

1 Like

Yup…that was it.
I can live with this.
Thanks!