I’ve just updated the LibraryView test app.
If you don’t yet know what LibraryView is please see this initial post.
Download LibraryView 2.1 test app.
Here’s what’s new in LibraryView 2.1
- File > Open now works to open Folders as libraries
- Fixed many bugs that showed up for user accounts where iCloud is disabled
- Added “New File” to library view context menu. Inserts file into correct location.
- Added “Open in New Window” to library view context menu.
- Added “View By” options to library view context menu. (show/hide file extensions and sorting options)
- Use Finder style localized sorting method when sorting items by name.
- Return in library view to begin Rename of selected item
- Spacebar in library view to Show info panel for selected item
- Show Info panel now includes quick look preview
- Move to Trash context menu item closes trashed document and replaced with untitled file.
- Open in New Window should work for documents even if they are already open in a window.
- Figure out what to do when user opens document outside of library. Probably don’t want to show iCloud library… do even want option to show it in that case?
- Performance, what happens when you drop 5000 files onto library view. Way to improve?
- Review and fix bugs described here
- Open in External Editor option
- Support opening aliased file in editor if possible (sandbox might break)
- Better synchronization with TabBar
- New Tab should open using current library view (not always iCloud)
- Maybe when library view is resized, collapsed all other library views in same tab group should also be changed to match?
- Quick Open
- I’ll update this post adding items here in response to feedback