I just tried out FT for Atom, and here are my impression of 0.9.0:
It feels so to what I want in an outliner (tags, folding, focus/hoisting). If it had a bit more polish I think I would be an easy buy:
- Ability to save directly to .md/.txt
- jk for up/down navigation in outline mode. It’s cumbersom to take hands off home row
- Partial matches for tags when searching.
- h/l, left/right to expand/collapse folds in outline mode. I know Atom has folding shortcuts, but this is much more simple.
- Centralized source of all keyboard commands in the documentation. This was hard to find for me.
- Adding tags in insert/edit mode just by typing #mynewtag, deleting tags in insert/edit mode by deleting the tag.
- Reordering rows with keyboard shortcut in addition to dragging the arrows (eg. ctrl up, ctrl down, ctrl j, k)
Not quite a tweak but a new feature: Tree navigation in left-hand pane. Essentially a two-pane outliner with the entire outline always visible in the right-hand pane. Like https://vim-voom.github.io/pics/voom_txt2tags.png or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliner#Layout