Floating windows—TaskPaper 3

Please add a floating window option to TaskPaper 3.

This is very useful for taking notes while using other applications—Safari etc.

Thanks

Bob

Nice to hear from you!

I won’t be adding the quick entry window back for the initial TaskPaper 3 release. Instead I hope to solve that “global” problem with a menu bar item. That will allow for both global access (with keyboard shortcut too) plus will provide a nice “Single document UI” option for people who only want to use TaskPaper with a single file. But that will take time to build and won’t be ready for the initial 3.0 release.

In the meantime I think the basic function can be implemented with a script and the setup with a script launcher with a keyboard shortcut.

Jesse, we are talking about two different things.

I’m suggesting the ability to make a full document window float above the windows of other applications—similar to part of what Afloat does http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22237/afloat

Thanks

Bob

Ahh I get it now. Again I don’t think this will make it into version 3.0 (trying to get that out very soon), but I think I could make it possible soon after. I don’t think I want to expose such a feature directly in the UI, since it’s a pretty non standard thing that people wouldn’t be familiar with from other apps. But instead I think I could pretty quickly expose the functionality in the scripting dictionary. Making it possible to create a one line AppleScript to toggle the window level. Does that seem useful?

Jesse

Anybody who uses Apple’s Stickies.app or Scrivener.app has had the opportunity to use it.

Thanks

Bob

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ll try to get this into 3.0, though time is short and right now I’m focusing the interaction between the editor and folds which i need to get right first.