Can't change font in FoldingText

Is there a way to change the font used in FoldingText for Atom? It seems to use the default font for the Atom and ignore settings. Can you add the option in FoldingText settings to change the font (I don’t like use Monospace font for my outline)?

What OS are you using? Would you mind attaching a screenshot of the font that you see. The default FoldingText for Atom font should be Open Sans, which isn’t monospace. With that said…

To change the default font you can:

1. Atom > Open Your Stylesheet
  2. And add the following CSS
ft-outline-editor {
  font-family: Helvetica;
}

“Open Sans” has some properties that make it work particularly well I think. I’m not sure how to explain it in fontspeak, but the character line hight seems bigger then most other fonts that I’ve seen. And as a result the text cursor is drawing taller and to make that makes FoldingText for Atom look a lot nicer. But of course experiment and let me know if you find any other good combinations.

Jesse

Font sizing in FT

I use OS X and… Indeed the font is different than the Atom default. My bad! I’d like to change it for Fira Sans (which I discover today), and check how it will be look like.

Anyway – thanks for the quick response!

Yeah, you’re right. Open Sans looks much better…

May I recommend Input family by Font Bureau, it’s free for personal use, looks great, and have a lot of style options.