Writeroom crashes on print

WR 3.2.1 (High Sierra) crashes immediately when I press Cmd-P, or the equivalent from the menu bar.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

There’s a fix here:

2 Likes

thank you for that fix! I was very happy to find this, and it solved the issue.

rock on guys!

josh

Hello there, I just bought the new version 3.2.1 and I have just read the instructions above.
In fact, after having downloaded the above app, I can now print but I cannot apply color to a letter/word/selection. Using the “Rich Text” isn’t solving anything.
Also, I would like to know how to make the whole screen absolutely black,
Any help, please?
Thanks in advance.

Using the “Rich Text” isn’t solving anything.

Ahh I see, just tried myself and was surprised to see Bold/Italic menu commands disabled.

The reason (at least on my computer) was because the default font used in rich text mode doesn’t have bold/italic variants. To fix:

1. Select all the text in your document
  2. WriteRoom > Format > Font > Show Fonts
  3. Choose a font that includes regular/bold/italic variants

Once you’ve done that you should be able to apple bold/italic formatting.

To apply background color:

1. Format > Text > Show Formatting Bar
  2. Select some text
  3. Choose the background color square in that bar and set a color

Note that the new background color won’t be immediately visible since the text will still be selected, and the selection color hides the new background color. This feature should work no matter what font you have.

Setting the foreground color of text will not be visible until you open the document in a different app… WriteRoom’s theme system always overrides a documents foreground color.

Thank you! That just fixed the crash when printing on my OS 10.13.6! Very much appreciated!

1 Like