Upgraded to Mac OSX Sierra and now Writeroom no longer works

Hi,

Do I need a new licence key or pay for an upgrade?
Distraught that a tool I use daily is no longer available to me!

Dave

Please see this post for Sierra support:

Downloaded zip.
Unzipped it and moved app to \applications
Tried to run it, but got this:
ā€œWriteRoom.appā€ is damaged and canā€™t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Would really appreciate any advice to getting me up and running again.
As an ADD guy who gets distracted easily, WriteRoom gives me the space to focus my thoughts.

What version of macOS are you running this on?

Sierra version 10.12.5 (16F73)

Iā€™m not sure what would cause this. Iā€™m running same version of macOS and the download works well for me. Another thing to check is System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: ā€¦ and make sure that ā€œApp Store and identified developersā€ is checked. Even then I think the first time you run you might have to run by right clicking on the app and choosing ā€œOpenā€.

If anyone else has ideas/suggestions please post here.

Iā€™ve checked Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: ā€¦ and maDe sure that ā€œApp Store and identified developersā€ is checked. I have only recently upgraded to Sierra, and the WriteRoom version I have was from 2011. This is what I see when I view the Applications folder in Finder:
(as you can see OSX has overlaid a ā€˜no entryā€™ symbol over the icon)

OKā€¦ I downloaded the .zip file again and now it the latest version you sent me is working!

Thank you!

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth this happens most commonly because of permissions inside the file being faulty. e.g. an executable binary not being +x.

Hello, I have encountered a problem I just install iOS 11 then my application WriteRoom does not open, a request for update, I have 2000 texts in very important application, please help me, is -that there will be updates. cordially May Yesayan.

Iā€™ve just responded here: Mac OS Sierra Supported? - #11 by jessegrosjean