TaskPaper 3.1 (186)

New Since Preview (185)

• Added Drop text, URLs, etc into sidebar.
  • Added Drag and drop projects in sidebar to reorder.
  • Changed Use document filename as label instead of “Home”.
  • Changed Don’t show saved search when search text is empty.
  • Fixed (another) incorrect selection when using Option-Return.
  • Fixed Do nothing when drag and drop item to original location.

New Since 3.0.1

• Added Help > Email and FAQ menu items.
  • Added TaskPaper > Show License menu item.
  • Added Show saved searches projects popup in toolbar.
  • Added Hold down shift to drop items “on” other items.
  • Added Drag and drop projects in sidebar to reorder.
  • Added Drop text, URLs, etc into sidebar.
  • Changed “Move to Project” to add at top of list.
  • Changed Drop on sidebar to add at top of list.
  • Changed Default theme to hide handles of empty items.
  • Changed Use document filename as label instead of “Home”.
  • Changed Don’t show saved search when search text is empty.
  • Fixed (another) incorrect selection when using Option-Return.
  • Fixed Do nothing when drag and drop item to original location.

Themes Additions:

• Added depth item attribute for themes to query:
  • Added paragraph-spacing-before item style property.
  • Added paragraph-spacing-after item style property.
  • Added guide-line-width editor style property.
  • Added item-handle-size editor style property.

Quick demo of new theme options:

editor {
  guide-line-width: 2;
  item-handle-size: 8;
}
item[depth=1].item[data-type=project] {
  paragraph-spacing-before: 10;
  paragraph-spacing-after: 20;
}

Download

Learn about preview versions.

Download TaskPaper preview.

Thnx Jesse for the sidebar reordering!! Works great!

feek

could you please add an easter egg pref for hiding the prev batch in the app icon

1 Like

TaskPaperRuby duly updated!

1 Like

This is great! One request though: Either remove the .taskpaper extension, or add a preference so users can hide it.

1 Like

Agreed. I already updated HTML export to trim the file-extension. Note that TaskPaper respects the file’s/Finder’s setting regarding showing or hiding filename extensions, by the way.

I think 186 (?) introduced a bug concerning diacritic marks that wasn’t there in earlier versions? Entering a diacritic mark, e.g. “´”, and then a letter, e.g. “e”, results in “´é”.

1 Like

Eww… this causes problems with all sorts of text inputs. Thanks for mentioning.

Hey, @jessegrosjean ,

Thanks for adding the saved searches to the Projects popup!

I’d like to ask you something more on these popups: can you remove the @ from the items in the Tags popup? Let me explain why I’m asking this…

When we open one of these popups, we can type the first characters of an item name to easily access it (and this is really handy!). This way, when I hit cmd+l to open the Projects popup, I type t to have my Today filter selected. So, when I hit cmd+shift+t to open the Tags popup, I’d like to type t to select the today tag, but I have to type @t. The thing is I never remember I have to type this @ first. No matter which tag I want to Tag With..., I always start typing its name (fl for flag, h for hold, and so on) before reminding of the @. I know tags always start with @ but, as I’m selecting an item in a list where I know all the items are tags, I think this @ is dispensable.

In my use experience this @ breaks the intuited interaction with the Tags popup.

Jesse, when I try to check for an update I get this error message:

When I try to download the DMG above, I get an empty file.

I’ve just fixed the download link for this page.

Yesterday I changed the website setup a bunch so that it can all be served under https. In the process I broke a lot of links… I thought that I fixed them with redirects, but I guess those aren’t working as I had expected. :frowning:

1 Like

@jim @mattgemmell I’m unsure on this. I’m using “document.displayName” which is the API for “show user a file name in UI”. It’s up to the user to decide if the extension is showing or not by the setting in the Finder. Do you know what the default Finder setting is … hidden or visible extensions?

Default Finder setting is to respect per-document metadata regarding shown or hidden extensions (i.e. the Finder’s global “show all file extensions” override defaults to off). I believe that the factory-set OS X default is also to hide file-extensions unless the user explicitly shows them (via a Save dialog, or the Finder’s Get Info window).

@jessegrosjean: I think you’ve also put everyone on the Preview track, via Sparkle. Both my release and Preview versions updated to Preview 187.

I wouldn’t put it past me, but I can’t seem to recreate this. It looks to me like the release feed is pointing to the correct: https://www.taskpaper.com/assets/app/TaskPaper-3.0.1.dmg file? And when I run my copy of 3.0.1 (non preview) it isn’t reporting that it needs an update.

Odd. Not sure why it’d happen here. I’d just updated Preview to the latest version, and I have both on this Mac.

I have the Finder set to display extensions. Which is great for the Finder, but I’d prefer the extension to not show in the TaskPaper sidebar.

1 Like

@jessegrosjean, any chance of a fix for this in 3.1 final? He’s pointing out that type-to-select doesn’t work in the Tags drop-down menu because they’re all prefixed with “@”. Ideal solution would be to keep the “@” visually, but allow type-to-select of just the tag name, but I’m not sure if that’s possible with NSMenu(Item). I’d be happy enough to see the “@” prefix removed from the drop-down, if it lets us use type-to-select as desired.

2 Likes