Slow UI

Hi there,

I’m using TP 3.7.6 (Preview 311) on a 2017 15" MBP running 10.13.2. TPs UI is strangely slow, meaning that keystrokes appear with a tiny but noticeable delay. This doesn’t happen with other applications running at the same time (e.g. Word, BBEdit).

I have separately noticed that the MBP will occasionally get slow at times, and iStats Menu reveals that GPU RAM usage is high, which i solve with the occasional restart (hasn’t happened since the latest OS update).

Do you know about when this started happening for you? Do you think it’s related to TaskPaper version update or Mac OS version update? Do you think it might be related to:

Thanks,
Jesse

Are you using any accessibility apps perchance? I’ve seen excruciating delays due to Magnet.app, for instance — a window manager. Before troubleshooting further I’d first revoke the security privileges of suspicious apps at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility.

The problem has now disappeared, along with the occasional overall UI slowdowns (i.e. i no longer see GPU memory stuck at a high value in iStat Menus). Despite the fact that i installed 10.13.2 9 days ago, and the problem disappearing within the last couple of days, i think that the OS point update has helped out (but probably only because i restarted my computer a couple of times in the last couple of days). it’s a mystery.

i use moom, but i have done for years without any noticeable degradation. moom hasn’t been updated for quite a while.