Here’s an interesting hack for recurring tasks that doesn’t require a script. It doesn’t cover all cases, but may work for you.
Use relative dates in your tag values, and then do a date based search.
- this task will show up each Monday @recurring(Monday)
- this task will show up each Tuesday @recurring(Tuesday)
- this task will show up each Friday ... etc @recurring(Friday)
- this task will show up at the Sunday start of each week @recurring(this week)
- this task will show up the first of each month @recurring(this month)
Recurring Today @search(@recurring >=[d] today and @recurring <=[d] tomorrow)
That last line is setting up a saved search, so that you should see a new item “Recurring Today” in the sidebar. Click on that and you’ll see all items that are recurring on the current date.
What this hack cannot do is recognize when an item is overdue. For example if you are sick on Monday, you won’t see the Monday item when you show up on Tuesday. For that you’d need a script that’s a bit more smart.