No checkboxes or checkmarks after update

I updated this morning to 3.0 and now I no longer see either checkboxes or checkmarks on any of my tasks. Just the dashes. Any advice? I miss those boxes.

2 Likes

I’ve changed the default (and only option for the moment) to dashes. I hope to get some sort of option for checkboxes back in for version 3.0.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this.

Thumbs up from me for switching the default to a dash. Much cleaner, and more flexible for using taskpaper for list items that use other tags and are not necessarily ever going to get “checked” off.

I use the checkboxes all the time, and prefer them to dashes, at least for to-do, task-centered, or shopping type lists. Dashes are fine for conceptual outlines, where checkboxes would be weird.

1 Like

Same here. The checkboxes are my preferred method of using Task Paper too. I miss those little boxes and await their return! :smile:

@jessegrosjean Would it be possible to use a webfont such as FontAwesome or similar to style lead and get checkboxes, radio button, checkmarks (whatever the heart desires) that way, rather than you having to hardcore it?

2 Likes

Hi, Any chance we are getting checkboxes back? I really miss them.

1 Like

Certainly a chance. I actually really liked them too. I’ve probably got one or two more (post 3.0 little fix) releases and then I need to decide what I’ll focus on next. I’m using this page as “one” way to help decide what that will be:

See item “Add ordered and checkbox item types”.