Font-style

I am testing and noticing that, using italics on the text (when defining text in a tag) works, and, using bold, or underline, does not work.

Any reason for this or am I missing something obvious?

Example of what works:
	font-style: italic;

Example of what does not work:
	    font-style: bold;
    	font-style: underline;

Testing with both notes and tasks text.

font-style doesn’t control those features. Instead you need to use font-weight and either text-decoration or text-underline. For more details see:

https://guide.taskpaper.com/reference/stylesheets/

Thanks. I will save that link and chew on it a while. one immediate question comes to mind. I was delighted to learn how to make my handles visible again in the dark theme. But, I cannot yet see how to alter the internal color when there is a collapsed tree beneath it.

Using the following styles for notes,

handle-size: Float;
handle-color: Color;
handle-border-color: Color;

Becomes:

handle-size: 10;
//handle-color: mix(white,yellow, 10%);
handle-border-color: mix(white,lightgreen, 60%);

I find that there is a light grey interior color in a handle when it has siblings. I have deactivated

//handle-color: mix(white,yellow, 10%);

Because it only colors every handle interior and does not show the distinction of a collapsed tree as is now shown in light grey.

Got it!

Changed tint color to:

@tint-color: mix(white,black, 50%);

Changing the tint color is a good way (probably best way) to do it, but indirect. The direct way of setting handle colors for expanded/collpased items is to put your style rules in:

item[expanded] {
}
item[collapsed] {
}

Also for more stylesheet help take a look at TaskPaper’s default stylesheet in: TaskPaper.app/Content/Resources/base-stylesheet.less

Thanks Jessie. I have been enjoying using the reference document you suggested. Your suggestion of expanded and collapsed is based on using a run argument according to the heading on that suggestion. I use the run argument for coloring tags and the lines that the tags are applied to. I am not aware whether or not the run argument also applies to all Notes or all Projects at “n” level or not? I did just test it at the .less document first section, in the same area where the following arguments exist:

item {
  handle-color: mix(black, white, 90%);
}
item[filtered] {
  handle-color: mix(black, red, 10%);
}

… were applied. That is, not using run I simply added the following:

item[expanded] {
color: mix(black, yellow, 50%);
}
item[collapsed] {
color: mix(black, yellow, 50%);
}

Assuming my earlier logic, I thought that arguments in this top section were more intended as global arguments where using the run argument were intended more for local arguments such as tag characteristics, Notes, Projects, etc.

If my logic is sound so far, may I please suggest that in the future it would be very nice if you added a parameter for the handle-center-color? You already have a handle-color and a guide-line-color. it might look like this:

editor {
  guide-line-color: mix(@tint-color, @background-color, 45%);
}
item {
  handle-color: mix(black, white, 90%);
}
item {
  handle-center-color: mix(black, yellow, 90%);
}

Yes, I can now use the tint color to change this default interior color, but that will also change the color of pasted in file paths.

This is somewhat important or at least, it would be nice to have, because with file paths (now reflecting the tint color), I prefer a low key color such as grey since file paths don’t really matter to look at other than knowing I have them there and to see them to click on them.

Seeing if a line is collapsed or not at a glance is a high key color. If there was a handle-center-color parameter, I could change that color to a more visually robust color as I prefer an easy visual reference when an item has information to expand or not.

Post Script: I looked for a reference on the reference page for “filtered” but I found no information. I have this in the heading of my dark theme and my light theme. I had assumed it was for the same reason as your suggestion of expanded and collapsed because it specifically mentions a color as defined for a handle-color. But changing it has no affect on anything that I can see? What is this intended for?

item[filtered] {
  handle-color: mix(black, red, 10%);
}
Thanks.

ADDED: I went to the base stylesheet as you had suggested and made an alias of that file. I dragged the alias to my StyleSheets folder. I recommend anyone do this who wants to work on formatting to the degree that I have been doing. Now it is easy to open all stylesheets for review or change. I can also select the base stylesheet under my Windows/Stylesheet menu to see exactly what it is doing to my styles.