Focused project name in the window title

Has this feature been removed? Now that project names are not displayed in the editor when focusing, it would be handy to have them displayed at the window title. I know I can see the project name highlighted in the sidebar, but I like to have the sidebar hidden.

It would be even better if this was applied to filter names too. The rule would be: the selected item in the sidebar is displayed in the window title after the file name.

Good question… my memory is failing me, I have no clue.

I can see the change in github, but it grouped in and documented as some other changes. So yes, it got removed, but I don’t remember why. I guess I’ll add it back and see if that reminds me.

That change was just temporary. Project names will again be displayed in the next release, but in a better more flexible way. In particular you’ll be able to insert text above the focused project as you could in TaskPaper 2.

1 Like

is it possible to programmatically update the document title?

I was thinking of creating an extension that shows you how many tasks are unresolved in the current focused view. document title would be one play to write output, not where where else is possible, specially without cluttering the UI

Sorry I don’t think there’s a good way to do that with the current API.